Thursday, May 3, 2012

MishaRecords.

First artist that I'm bringing to the world's attention: MishaRecords.



Name: MishaRecords.
Genres: Electronica/Rock/Pop
Where to find him:



This guy is VERY talented. He messaged me on PureVolume, the day after I made one, and asked me to check out his music.
I agreed, obviously, and let me tell you, I am so happy I did.

I'm not a music professional. Just a teenage girl with hopes of making it big in the writing world, but I can tell you right now that this guy is going places, and you better jump onto this train right now!

My favorite song that I have by him right now is probably Never Look Back from his album Semi Bright Lights. His music is a delicate balance of meaning something, being relate-able, and being something that you can jam to (hard core.. in your room.. really embarrassingly [or out loud in public. Either way. His music is on fire.]). What he has accomplished is something of intricacy. On his PureVolume profile, there is a quote from the music critic, Jake Hougaboom, that I completely agree with.

"In a time where musicians forget, or just plain can't, make an interesting album without overproducing, MishaRecords walks this line perfectly."
His voice alone is a natural talent, but the producing and writing is completely ingenious as well. Electronica always makes me a little bit nervous, because there is definitely a thing as too much electronic-sound. Not with MishaRecords, no way. Like I said: intricate, delicate, balanced.

Not only is this guy an amazing musician, he's also a really nice, down-to-earth kind of fellow, and that in society today is something of uniqueness. I was very impressed by how personable he was, and how genuine he is.

Definitely an artist to check out.


Picture from: http://www.purevolume.com/MishaRecords/photos/3459271
Other info from: http://www.purevolume.com/MishaRecords

No comments:

Post a Comment